This chutney is made with cilantro and mint leaves. It can be used as a spread with toast, samosas and other snacks. Note: This is not the same as the fresh green chutney that is served with Chaat.
Yield: Makes about 10 servings.
- Chopped Mint Leaves (Pudhina) – 1 cup
- Chopped Coriander Leaves (Dhania) – 2 cups
- Green Chillies – 4 – 6
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 teaspoon
- Amchur Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add cumin seeds and cook until they become slightly darker.
- Add amchur powder and green chillies and cook for a minute.
- Add the chopped coriander, pudhina leaves, and salt and cook for another minute.
- Grind everything together to a fine paste.