Masala Macaroni and Cheese
Elbow Macaroni : 1 lb
Red or yellow onion : 1 medium
Tomatoes : 2 medium or large
Frozen green peas : ½ cup
Carrot : 1
Green Beans : 15 – 20
Shredded Amul cheese : 1 cup
Ghee : 2 tablespoons
Garlic : 1 pod, minced
Cilantro : 2 tablespoons, chopped
Garam Masala : ½ teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, carrots, and green beans into small pieces.
- Heat the ghee in a big skillet. Add the garlic and onions and let them ‘sweat’ for a couple of minutes.
- Add the carrots and beans and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, cook the pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, peas, garam masala and salt to the skillet.
- Give a quick stir and then add the cooked macaroni. Add most of the chopped cilantro.
- Save just enough cilantro for garnish. Stir to combine the vegetables and pasta. Cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Take the skillet off the heat. Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the hot pasta. Garnish with cilantro and serve.