Fine Rava (Sooji) : 2 cups
Rice Flour : ½ cup
Butter : 50 gms
Finely Chopped Onion : 3 cups
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves : ½ cup
Cashew Pieces : 1 tablespoon – lightly roasted
Finely Chopped Green Chillies : 1 – 2 teaspoons
Chili Powder : ¼ teaspoon
Vegetable Oil : 2 -3 cups (for deep frying)
Salt for flavor
- Mix all the ingredients except the oil needed for frying and set aside for half an hour to allow the juices from the onions to be released.
- Lightly mix the batter again. Do not add any water.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pan until it starts to ripple slightly.
- Drop the pakoda batter in the hot oil one spoonful at a time.
- Fry the pakoda in batches in the vegetable oil on low to medium fire until they are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- Makes about 25 pieces