Mohan thal (Besan ki burfi)
Besan : 200 grams
Sugar : 200 grams
Khoa : 100 grams
Ghee : 150 grams
Milk : ½ cup
Almonds – slivered : 10
Powdered Cardamom (Elaichi) Seeds : 10 pods
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of ghee to besan and mix well.
- Knead the dough with hot milk as hard as possible and make balls of about 4 inches.
- Heat the ghee and deep fry the besan balls till they are golden brown.
- Cool the fried besan balls and then powder them in a blender.
Add the powder to hot ghee and fry till it becomes golden brown. Remove the besan powder and let it cool.
- Fry khoa in ghee till it becomes brown in color. Remove Khoa and let it cool.
- Mix sugar with an equal quantity of water and make a syrup. Heat the syrup till it has ‘2 string’ consistency. Add besan, khoa and cardamom to the syrup and spread the mixture on a flat greased tray.
- Garnish with the almonds and cut into pieces.