Spicy Kuli Appam
Rice : 1 cup
Boiled Rice : 1 cup
Urad Dal : ½ cup
Green chilies : 1 or 2
Coriander (Cilantro) leaves : ¼ cup
Onion : 1 small
Ginger (optional) : ½ piece
Fresh coconut pieces : ¼ cup
Soaked chana dal : ¼ cup
Salt to taste
- Soak the rice, boiled rice, and urad dal overnight.
- Grind the three together into a thick paste.
- Chop the green chilies and onion.
- Add green chilies, coriander leaves, ginger, onion, soaked dal, coconut, and salt to the paste. Mix well.
- You will have to cook this using a kuli appam pan.
- Grease each slot and put the dough in the slots.
- Cover the pan for a few minutes. Turn it when it is brown.
- Leave the Appam in for a few minutes before taking them out.
- Serve hot with chutney