Besan : 2 tablespoon
Sour Yogurt : 1 cup
Ghee : 1 tablespoon
Turmeric (Haldi, Arshna) : ¼ teaspoon
Cumin seeds (Jeera) : 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves : 5 – 6
Cilantro : handful chopped
Red Chilli Powder : 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Whisk the yogurt until it is smooth.
Whisk in the besan, turmeric powder and chilli powder to the yogurt.
Make sure there are no lumps in the yogurt mixture.
- In a sauce pan, heat the tablespoon of ghee.
Add cumin seeds and wait until they pop slightly.
- Add the yogurt mix and 3 cups of water and continue to whisk the mixture gently to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Let the kadhi simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with curry leaves and chopped cilantro.
- Enjoy with chapatis or rice.