This a traditional Rajasthani side dish. It is usually eaten with Kadhi.
Cracked Wheat : 1 cup
Jaggary or Powdered Brown Sugar : 1 cup
Ghee : 1 tablespoon
Cardamom (Elaichi) : 1 teaspoon, ground
- Heat the ghee and roast the cracked wheat for a few minutes until it smells fragrant.
- Cook it in a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Make a syrup with 1 cup of water and the jaggary. The syrup should be sticky. Add cardamon powder to the syrup.
- Add the syrup to the cooked wheat. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook the wheat in the pressure cooker one more time for 1 whistle.
Serve hot with kadhi.