This chutney goes well with hot rice and a teaspoon of ghee. Who would have imagined that zucchinis could taste so good!
Zucchini – 3 medium
Mustard seeds (Rai, Sasve) – 1 teaspoon
Fenugreek (Methi) seeds – ½ teaspoon,
Red chillies – 3 – 4
Turmeric (Haldi, Arshna) – a pinch
Fresh grated coconut – 3 tablespoons
Tamarind paste – ½ teaspoon
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
Asafoetida (Hing) – ¼ teaspoon
Vegetable Oil – 4 teaspoons
Salt to taste
- Cut the zucchini with the skin into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2 teaspoons of oil. Add fenugreek and red chillies.
- Add the zucchini and cook until it becomes soft. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Grind the cooked zucchini with tamarind paste, salt and coriander leaves.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a small saucepan.
Add the mustard seeds. After they pop, add the asafoetida.
- Pour over the zucchini chutney.